Sunday, June 23, 2024

Protection for Jeremiah and Baruch while bringing destruction upon the land of Israel

--Jeremiah 45:3-5 NKJV

(3) 'You said, "Woe is me now! 
For the LORD has added grief to my sorrow. 
I fainted in my sighing, and I find no rest."' 

(4) "Thus you shall say to him, 

'Thus says the LORD: 

"Behold, what I have built I will break down
and what I have planted I will pluck up, that is, 
this whole land. 

(5) And do you seek great things for yourself? 
Do not seek them; for behold,
 I will bring adversity on all flesh," says the LORD.
 "But I will give your life to you as a prize in all places, wherever you go."


****

God puts things into perspective for Baruch by telling Jeremiah what to say to him.
The Lord makes His intention and purpose clear
He is about to bring about a major change in "this whole land." 
However, God had taken action to protect Jeremiah and Baruch, 
He assured them that they would be spared ( given their life ). 
The catastrophe to come was immense in scope: 
All the civilizations of that time were in various stages of unraveling, 
being uprooted by God Himself.

This is yet another example of how God can and does "protect" 
those that put their faith and trust in Him.

And why we need not fear the coming time of Great Tribulation.

If we endure ( the 3 1/2 years of world upheavel ), 
we may find ourselves 
to be one of the those who "remain" 
to be caught up and changed at the 2nd coming of Christ ( I Thess: 4:13-18 ).
OR 
if we are to be Martyred, that is fine, 
as we will be part of the First Resurrection ( I Cor. 15:52 and Revelation 20:4 ) 
at the Last Trumpet ( again, the same time those a live will be transformated ).

Either way, our future is BRIGHT, 
as nothing will be able to separate us from the Love of God ( Romans 8:28-39 )

*****

Saved by Grace,
Andrew Cross

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. 
And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 
not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, 
but exhorting one another, 
and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
Hebrews 10:23-25


No comments: